WHAT IS PARABEN-FREE SHAMPOO?
One of our frequently asked questions is 'what is paraben-free shampoo?'. As more people move to clean beauty, they want to understand what separates clean products from your run-of-the-mill hair care products.
In this article, we'll explore what 'parabens' are, why they're used, and why it's best to avoid them when it comes to hair care. We'll also discuss the ethical and physical benefits of using paraben-free shampoo. Let's explore! Need to get in touch with us? Contact us, we're always happy to answer your questions..
What Are Parabens?
Parabens are a type of chemical that are generally used as preservatives. They are made up of synthetic esters of para-hydroxybenzoic acid and are water-soluble.
They're one of the most common chemicals found in beauty products, including hair care products. They are usually added as an anti-fungal device to give products a longer shelf life than they would have naturally.
Why Are Parabens Bad For You?
There has been a long conversation about how bad parabens are for your health. Like most synthetic chemicals, they have been proven to have negative effects on the skin and body, some of which can include:
● Skin irritation
● Hormone Irregularities
● Hair loss or damage
The main issue with chemicals such as parabens is that most side effects will show up after sustained use – so you may not notice an issue until months after using a product. Especially in women, there have been reports of paraben-dense products causing disturbances to hormones such as oestrogen after sustained usage.
What is a Paraben Free Shampoo?
Clean beauty is a movement towards using natural, ethically sourced ingredients. Natural ingredients will still nourish and care for your hair to give you beautiful results, they just work in a slightly different way.
Our paraben-free shampoos contain high-quality natural ingredients which are intensely nourishing and won’t strip your hair of its natural oils. Some of our favourite ingredients to use are:
● Organic Bergamot – helps revitalise the scalp and hair.
● Organic Vetivert – contains antiseptic properties.
● Sunflower Seed Oil – Helps protect hair colour from fading & against free radical damage.
● Organic Peppermint Oil– Invigorating & cooling for dry scalps.
● Organic Cinnamon Bark Oil – Deeply moisturising for hair.
Clean beauty is about enhancing the natural properties that keep your hair looking fresh and healthy, not replacing them with chemicals.
What are the benefits of Paraben Free Shampoos?
Switching to a paraben-free shampoo will help you enhance your hair's condition & shine, with natural ingredients instead of synthetic chemicals. While chemical products can provide quick results, natural products can provide sustained results. Some other benefits include:
● Sustainability – a benefit to using ethically sourced natural ingredients is that they're more sustainable. Adding more chemicals when making synthetic products can damage your hair and the environment.
● Animal Welfare – a lot of chemical products are tested on animals. Here at FFØR, we're a PETA-certified brand, and would never harm animals in the production of our products.
● Hair Health – you wouldn't want to put layers of chemicals on your skin, so why would you put them on your hair? Chemicals can start to strip the hair of its natural oils over time, whereas natural ingredients help to retain them.
● Scalp Health – natural ingredients are kinder to your skin and scalp, and can even be beneficial if you suffer from dandruff or eczema.
Contact us if you have any questions about our products or services. Our friendly team is always happy to help point you in the right direction.